- Local – Faster response, less travel time
- Experienced – Certified crane technicians get the job done right the first time.
- Established – Our company has been standing behind our work for 110 years
Crane & Hoist Maintenance and Repair Service
Regular maintenance is not an option when it comes to overhead lifting devices. OSHA mandates inspection and load testing of this equipment on a periodic basis, depending on duty cycle, lift capacity, and other criteria. In order to pass these OSHA-required inspections, and the related load tests, cranes & hoists must be within specifications set by the manufacturer and the various regulatory agencies. All of this requires that certain maintenance be performed. Call on Standard Crane & Hoist to assist you in designing and implementing an OSHA-approved load testing and inspection program, and to make sure that your equipment is maintained to be within compliance.
Emergency Crane Repair Service
All crane technicians are available for 24-7 emergency callout service to respond to your service outages.
Crane & Hoist Equipment & Controls — Modernization and Capacity Upgrades
Many customers are able to utilize existing bridge crane components (such as I-beams and end-trucks) while upgrading hoist motors and controls to achieve the efficiency and reliability of the latest lifting technology. Standard Crane & Hoist can retrofit cabled pendant controls with radio controls, can install power bar systems in lieu of obsolete cable festoon systems, can install variable frequency drives for soft start and smooth 2 speed hoist operations, etc. We can also increase the capacity of your equipment to lift larger and/or heavier loads. With such upgrades, and brand new paint, your equipment will look great and operate up to the latest modern day capacities, an in most cases at a fraction of the cost of buying a new overhead crane. An updated crane will be less costly to operate and maintain, and will be more energy efficient in its operation.
Please call on our technical sales representatives to survey your existing equipment and suggest cost effective improvements to your lifting procedures and equipment.
Offshore/Marine Crane Services
Our service technicians are available to support crane repair, maintenance and inspection requirements for the Gulf of Mexico oil industry, as well as, in the Caribbean, Central and South America regions. We also work on hydraulic pedestal dock cranes up and down the Mississippi River.
Crane & Hoist Inspections
As mentioned above, overhead lifting equipment is subject to stringent inspection requirements. Please visit the Industry Links section of our website to access OSHA Regulations via the web. Standard Crane & Hoist will consult with you to insure that your workplace lifting equipment is in compliance with the various inspection and load testing guidelines, and that you are keeping the documentation required to pass an OSHA inspection. Standard Crane & Hoist performs the routine safety inspections called for in the OSHA regulations.
Many situations arise in industry where a bridge crane or a jib crane needs to be physically moved from one location in a plant to a new location. Standard Crane & Hoist has performed hundreds of crane moves and can execute your move within your prescribed time limit and for a very reasonable cost.
Inspection Service (as required by OSHA)
Standard Crane & Hoist employs InspectAll, a proprietary iPad-based inspection program, to perform and produce OSHA required inspection reports for your equipment. The data collected is then stored electronically and made available to customers in any format requested.
Crane Operator Training
The person operating your crane ultimately determines the safety record and the operating efficiency of your lifting equipment. For this reason, Standard Crane & Hoist offers Overhead Crane Operator training courses. Attendees of Standard Crane & Hoist Operator training will learn the responsibilities associated with operating your specific equipment, including:
- Compliance with OSHA requirements
- Nomenclature and selection of appropriate equipment and below-the-hook accessories
- Operational limits of the equipment
- Pre-Operating inspection criteria
- Overview of wire rope
- Accidents: Causes and Prevention
- Correct use of hand signals
- Handling the load
- Safe rigging practices
- Sling loading and stresses
- Center of gravity
- Establishing load limits
- Documenting inspection and condition reports
This training is very comprehensive and is normally conducted in small group settings. The course is taught by a very highly qualified trainer. Students successfully completing the course, and their employers, will receive a certificate and wallet card acknowledging their achievement.
Warranty Repair & Service
Due to our long history of expertise in the crane & hoist industry, Standard Crane & Hoist serves as an authorized warranty repair station for a large number of hoist manufacturers. In many cases, when the equipment is under warranty, it will be repaired entirely free of charge in your shop, with a minimum of downtime.
Standard Crane & Hoist LLC has performed services for thousands of customers, including:
Apache, Axiall, Baker Hughes, Boh Brothers, Boise, Bollinger, BP, Cameron, Cargill, Chevron, Citgo, City of New Orleans, Cooper Energy, Dow Chemical, E.I. DuPont, Entergy, Exxon Mobil, Fluor, General Electric, General Motors, Georgia Gulf, Gulf Coast Shipyard Group, Halliburton, Ingalls Shipbuilding, Jacobs Engineering, John Deere, Kansas City Southern RR, Lafarge, Marathon Petroleum, McDermott, Monsanto, Motiva, National Oilwell Varco, Nissan, Occidental, Oil States, Quality Shipyard, Ryerson, Schlumberger, Shell Chemical, Shell Offshore, State of Louisiana, Tennessee Gas Pipeline, Technip, Textron, Toyo Engineering, Trinity Yachts, US Dept of Defense, US Army Corps of Engineers, Valero, Weyerhaeuser, and hundreds more….
The roots of Standard Crane & Hoist LLC go back to the founding of Standard Supply Co. in downtown New Orleans in 1909. In 2019, we will celebrate our 110th anniversary of continuous service to the Gulf South market.
Please contact us if you would like specific customer reference contacts for projects like yours!
Terms of Sales and Service
Standard Terms of Sale
- Acceptance of Terms of Sale. This writing states the entire terms and conditions under which Standard Crane & Hoist LLC (Seller) agrees to sell and Buyer agrees to buy the subject materials and services. All orders and all subsequent amendments thereto are subject to final approval and acceptance by Seller’s main office. Once accepted, any cancellation must be approved by Seller, and may be subject to cancellation penalty, or re-stocking charges.
- Terms of Payment. Unless otherwise stated herein, payment of each invoice is required within 30 days after the date of shipment. Any balance unpaid after the required payment date is subject to a Late Payment Charge as specified in the Seller’s Credit Agreement.
- Price Adjustments. Amendments made by the Buyer to orders already placed shall be subject to extra charges as determined by Seller.
- Tax. Any sales, use, excise or other taxes applicable to this transaction and the goods or services furnished by Seller are not included in the price and shall be paid by Buyer when due. If Seller pays any such taxes, Buyer shall reimburse Seller upon demand.
- Buyers Inspection upon Receipt of Shipment. Buyer shall have the right to inspect the goods as soon as received. If any loss or damage is discovered, Buyer must notify both the carrier and the Seller within 7 days of the delivery date. If damage is the fault of the carrier, then Seller shall cooperate with Buyer in filing a carrier damage Seller is not responsible for damage claims after the 7-day period has expired.
- Change and Cancellation. Seller reserves the right to change or cancel any order whenever Seller deems change is necessary to comply with laws, ordinances, regulations, directives or administrative actions of any government entity or manufacturer of the goods being sold.
- Security Interest and Repossession. Until full payment has been made, Seller shall have a security interest in the goods shipped to Buyer and the goods shall remain movable. Upon request, Buyer shall execute and deliver to Seller security agreements and financing statement further evidencing Seller’s security interest. In the event Buyer defaults in making any payment due Seller, Seller in addition to any other rights or remedies provided by law, shall have the right, with or without legal notice and legal process, to enter the place where said goods are located and to repossess the goods in accordance with the UCC.
- Assurances. Shipment by Seller shall at any time be subject to the prior approval of its credit personnel and Seller may decline to make shipment except upon prior payment or upon other acceptable credit terms.
- Patents. Seller warrants that the goods being sold hereunder do not infringe any US Patent, and Seller will defend and hold Buyer harmless in a suit brought against Buyer insofar as such suit is based on a claim that the use of the goods by Buyer constitutes such a Patent infringement.
- Warranty. Seller shall use its best efforts to obtain from the actual manufacturer of the goods sold under this order, in accordance with such manufacturer’s stated or customary practices, the repair or replacement of any goods as may prove defective in workmanship or Seller hereby excludes all other warranties, whether expressed or implied, including but not limited to, the implied warranty of fitness for a particular purpose. Buyer’s exclusive remedy against Seller arising out of any breach. of any agreement that is governed by these terms of sale is the repair or replacement of the goods sold, or alternatively, at Seller’s election, a refund of the purchase price of the goods. Seller shall not be liable to Buyer, or Buyer’s employees, agents, or contractors for any direct, indirect, special, or consequential damages resulting from the breach of any agreement that is governed by these terms of sale.
- Indemnity. Buyer hereby indemnifies Seller against any and all claims, including but not limited to, property damage, personal or bodily injury, or death arising in any way out of the use or operation of the goods and services provided. Buyer’s indemnity applies regardless of negligence found, except for intentional tortious acts of Seller.
- Entire Agreement. This instrument constitutes the entire- agreement, between Seller and Buyer, superseding all previous- under-standings and writings. Any amendment to this agreement is null and void unless signed by both Buyer and Seller. This agreement shall be governed by and construed under the laws of the State of Louisiana.
- Disputes. All disputes that may arise between the parties regarding the interpretation of these terms of sale and its legal effect shall, to the exclusion of any court of law, be arbitrated and determined in accordance the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association. Arbitration proceedings shall be held in the city and state of the Seller. Buyer and Seller consent to such arbitration association’s jurisdiction over each of them.
Standard Crane is a Licensed Crane Contractor
Alabama license #53275
Arkansas license #31462
Mississippi license #18596
Louisiana license #47697
All cranes are built in our Louisiana facilities:
3246 West Main St. Gray, LA. 70359
Ph. 985-868-5091 Fax 985-868-5011
14694 Airline Highway Destrehan, LA 70047
Ph. 985-725-1989 Fax 985-725-1957