Standard Crane is growing rapidly, particularly in the South Louisiana region, and is currently hiring:
- New Orleans Area – Overhead Crane Technician
- Lake Charles Area – Overhead Crane Technician
Standard Crane & Hoist LLC is a large and well-known overhead crane service company in the Louisiana and Texas region. We have an immediate opening for a qualified and experienced overhead crane technician (industrial electrician) to work out of our Westlake, LA (Lake Charles) location. This position requires a minimum of 3-5 years of hands-on experience working as an overhead crane technician. If applying from outside of the Westlake area, moving assistance may be available depending on qualifications. For extremely well-qualified applicants, a signing bonus may be offered.
The successful applicant will have demonstrated experience in troubleshooting and repairing the motors, drives and electrical components of overhead cranes and hoists. This is not an entry level job. You must meet the 3-5 year experience requirement in order to apply for this job. You must pass an electrical skills test in order to qualify for this job.
Your job title will be Overhead Crane Field Service Technician, and your duties will include:
- Troubleshooting, repairing, inspecting, and upgrading industrial hoists and cranes in the field at customer locations.
- Performing OSHA required crane and hoist inspections and generating inspection reports and repair orders via company-issued iPads.
- Providing information and support to our sales and service departments for the purpose of quoting upgrades and modifications to customer equipment.
- Communicating with the office during the day via company-provided cell phone so that work can be scheduled and completed on a timely basis.
- Operating a company truck in order to make service calls in the field.
Successful field service technicians will:
- Work closely with sales and management personnel to insure that Standard Crane customers are totally satisfied with the services being performed.
- Be passionate about offering great customer service.
Field service technicians:
- Must be physically and mentally able to operate a man lift, a fork lift, and work at heights.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via cell phone, text, email.
- Must possess basic computer skills.
- Must have a safe driving (MVR) record.
Standard Crane expects all technicians to work in a close team atmosphere with their fellow techs, and with sales and with management.
You are a great fit for our team if you have:
- A strong background in AC and DC electromechanical and solid state motor control systems.
- Ability to read electrical schematics and wiring diagrams. (Able to troubleshoot without prints on occasion.)
- Some mechanical ability to work with gear reducers and drive systems.
- Ability to communicate well with others and work independently or as a team.
- Basic computer skills to work with web-based crane inspection programs.
- A valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test.
- A commitment to working and driving safely at all times.
- A minimum of 3 Years of prior industrial electric motor and control experience is required.
As a Service Technician you can expect:
- Top hourly rate of pay based on your experience and qualifications.
- Training (as needed) to become a certified overhead crane and hoist technician.
- A 40 hour week, with some overtime if mutually desired in a normal work week.
- Company issued service truck, gas card, and cell phone allowance.
- Benefit options including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurances.
- 401(k) Retirement plan.
- Company paid time off (PTO), sick time, and holidays.
- You should expect to enjoy coming to work and expanding your career with a caring company surrounded by good people.
- A primary requirement for this job is documented technical electrical knowledge, preferably industrial electric trade school graduate
- The successful applicant will have a great work ethic, good driving record, and be able to pass a drug screen
- Be driven to satisfy the requirements of the largest customers in the market
- Have pride in being an expert at your trade
- Desire to grow and excel in your profession while earning the top pay based on qualifications
- Looking to work for a solid, stable company that offers long-term employment and job growth opportunities
- Able to work at heights and physically able to perform job requirements
We offer excellent pay, and the following company benefits:
- At a minimum 9 company-paid holidays per year
- 2 weeks paid time off (PTO) after first year, 3 weeks PTO after 10 years
- 5 paid personal/sick leave days per year
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with up to 50% Company Matching
- Health, Dental, and Life Insurance with very low monthly cost
- Performance based Incentive bonus
- Annual profit sharing bonus
- And other valuable benefits associated with the particular position being filled
- Annual Crawfish Boil and Family Fun Day